Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Estonian
Home Country
Estonia
Current Location
Estonia
I would like to go and visit a school in England to see some lessons and also see the work of a PA but I'm not sure if the letter I have written is suitable for sending. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

To whom it may concern,

My name is [name]. I am a PA to headmaster and a maths teacher in [school name], Estonia (website).
I am writing to you to inquire about the possibilities to visit your school between ?th and ?th of July.

I am traveling to [place name] this summer and I would like to use this opportunity to visit your school. I am interested to see the similarities and differences of the lessons and school system between England and Estonia.
I would also like to see the workplace and talk to a PA, since I am a student in [university name] studying to be an assistant and I'm interested to see what are the differences of the systems between Estonia and England.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to visit your school. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
[name]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would like to go and visit a school in England to see some lessons and also see the work of a PA but I'm not sure if the letter I have written is suitable for sending. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

To whom it may concern,

My name is [name]. I am a PA to the headmaster and to a maths teacher [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at [school name], Estonia (website).
I am writing to you to inquire about the [STRIKE]possibilities[/STRIKE] possibility [STRIKE]to visit[/STRIKE] of visiting your school between ?th and ?th of July.

I am traveling to [place name] this summer and I would like to [STRIKE]use[/STRIKE] take [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the opportunity to visit your school. I am interested [STRIKE]to see[/STRIKE] in seeing the similarities and differences [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE]between the lessons and school system [STRIKE]between[/STRIKE] in England and Estonia.
I would also like to see the workplace and talk to a PA (no comma here) [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] - I am a student [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at [university name] studying to be an assistant and I'm interested to see what [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] the differences [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] between the systems [STRIKE]between[/STRIKE] ​in Estonia and England are.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to visit your school. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
[name]

See above. I'm a little confused. Are you a university student or are you the PA to the headmaster and to a maths teacher?

munuke

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Estonian
Home Country
Estonia
Current Location
Estonia
Thank you for the replay.
I am a university student and the PA to the headmaster and a maths teacher (not assistant to one).

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you are the only PA to the headmaster and to one of the maths teachers, then start with "I am the PA to ...". If there is more than one PA to those people, use "I am a PA to ...".

I don't understand why you're at university studying to be a PA when you're already a PA. When you said you're "studying to be an assistant", what did you mean?

munuke

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Estonian
Home Country
Estonia
Current Location
Estonia
I am the only PA to the headmaster of the school. I am studying to be an assistant at university in order to get higher qualifications which will enable me to get better wages since currently I'm on the lowest level.
I am not an assistant to a math teacher. I am a math teacher. Meaning I have 2 jobs at the school: PA and a teacher.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My name is [name]. I am [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the PA to the headmaster at [name of school] [STRIKE]and a[/STRIKE] where I also teach maths. [STRIKE]teacher in [school name], Estonia (website).[/STRIKE]

Right, now we've finally got to the bottom of your job situation, I suggest you open with the above.

Out of curiosity, what is the name of the degree course you're taking? I'm not aware of a degree in "being an assistant" being available in the UK.

munuke

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Estonian
Home Country
Estonia
Current Location
Estonia
In Estonian it is called "Halduskorraldus". I tried to find what it is in English but couln't find the equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.