Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hello. I am looking for a questionnaire I can adopt and maybe modify for my study about the effects of english slang in writing. If you have recommendations, please do reply. Rest assured I will give proper credits. Thank you!!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. I am looking for a questionnaire I can adopt and maybe modify for my study about the effects of English slang in writing. If you have any recommendations, please do reply. Rest assured I will give proper credits you credit. Thank you!!

Welcome to the forum.

Are you hoping to get hold of a questionnaire that one of us has created and then adapt it for your own use? If not, there are loads of online questionnaire templates you can use (that would probably be faster!)

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid.

What do you mean by the 'effects of slang'? Why do you need a questionnaire? Do you mean you don't know what questions you want to ask? How is that possible? If you do know what questions you wish to ask, then why can't you write them yourself?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Slang is more common today than in the past- you will see words used in serious newspapers that would not have appeared a few years or decades ago, but I would say that researching this would be better carried out by searching the texts rather than a questionnaire. For example, when did some newspapers like The Guardian start allowing commentators to use f*** with the censorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.