[General] meaning of a phrase. just your cup of tea and you could always act as an interpreter

Status
Not open for further replies.

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hello everyone,

I would like to know the meaning of this phrase: I really hope that you are available sometime this summer. I’d love it if you could come with me, as it sounds just your cup of tea and you could always act as an interpreter for me when we get to Spain!

What does this phrase mean?

Text copied from Here.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello everyone,

I would like to know the meaning of this phrase: I really hope that you are available sometime this summer. I’d love it if you could come with me, as it sounds just your cup of tea and you could always act as an interpreter for me when we get to Spain!

What does this phrase mean? "just your cup of tea" = something that you would enjoy or be comfortable with. But a bit of an understatement for a trip to Spain.
Text copied from Here.

b.

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
what about interpreter, I think it means "someone whose job is to change what someone else is saying into another language:"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, the standard dictionary definition of interpreter applies here. Does it not make sense to you that if you travelled to a foreign country that you might want someone with you who speaks the language of that country?

Status
Not open for further replies.