Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Hello!
I have the following paragraph:

What about your department, though? If an expert says, “You should be buying your employees Windows 8 RT tablet devices,” are you going to nod your head and say, “Great. Sell ’em to me!”? Or are you going to know enough to realize that it may be too early to know what the success of Windows RT will be? Or to know that maybe you’ll have problems getting homegrown, inhouse applications down from whatever stores Microsoft sets up?

Could you help me understand what the phrase "Or to know that maybe you’ll have problems getting homegrown, inhouse applications down from whatever stores Microsoft sets up?" means exactly?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome to Using English :hi:

Are you going to know enough [about your situation, the platforms, the programs, the IT architecture, the systems needs, your user needs, etc.] to realize that you'll have problems getting the applications (programs) that fit your specific company's needs from Microsoft, because the ones that fit your needs will be developed by people in your company, not by Microsoft.

yk85

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Thank you for this prompt reply.
It is pretty clear now. Could you also give me a synonym for "getting down" in this context please?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Acquiring, getting, receiving, retrieving, gathering, fetching, procuring, downloading, putting your hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.