Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Merry Rianas
Short Synopsis
Merry Riana is forced to migrate to Singapore alone due to the political instability in her country. When she arrives at Singapore she has nothing to survive but luckily she meets her friend, Irene.

Long Synopsis
Merry Riana recently graduated from high school and is forced to migrate to Singapore alone due to the political instability in her country. Her father tells her to go to her uncle’s place for a while until the whole family has enough money to join her. But Merry finds her uncle’s place empty. Roaming aimlessly around the city, she meets her high school friend Irene. With the help of Irene, Merry overcomes the financial burden.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: Please help me to check these write up below (ASAP). Thank You!

Gaya, you cannot keep giving your threads the same or very similar titles. 'Merry Riana' would have been a good title for this one.

Please do not post again until the existing threads have been considered.

As these seem to be student assignments, which we don't help with until their teachers have seen them, you will probably not receive many replies.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia

Noted with thanks, Rover. My apologies! As I'm very new to this site I still find myself getting familiar with the procedure. As you mentioned in your earlier reply "TEACHERS", can I know you are referring to which teachers? You mean the forum teachers? By the way, this is not assignment. Actually I've just started to write a blog and posting some movies synopsis. So sometimes, I face some difficulties in grammar and unsure with some words.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Merry Rianas
Short Synopsis
Merry Riana is forced to migrate to Singapore alone due to the political instability in her country. When she arrives [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in Singapore she has nothing to survive, but luckily she meets her friend, Irene.

Long Synopsis
Merry Riana recently graduated from high school and is forced to migrate to Singapore alone due to the political instability in her country. Her father tells her to go to her uncle’s place for a while until the whole family has enough money to join her. But Merry finds her uncle’s place empty. Roaming aimlessly around the city, she meets her high school friend Irene. With the help of Irene, Merry overcomes [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] her financial difficulties. [STRIKE]burden.[/STRIKE]

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia

Teechar, is my short synopsis incomplete or hanging? Is good to go?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

As you mentioned in your earlier reply "TEACHERS", can I know you are referring to which teachers? You mean the forum teachers? No — I meant the teachers of the students who expect us to correct their work before they submit it for marking/grading.

By the way, this is not assignment. Actually I've just started to write a blog and posting some movies synopsis. In that case, the title of the movie would make a good title for the thread.
`

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia

Alright, that's a good one! I will do for sure! Thanks for your kind feedback, Rover.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Teechar, is my short synopsis incomplete or hanging? Is it good to go?
No and yes.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia

Teacher, could you please indicate why you’re using in instead of at? (The underline words as below)
Merry Riana is forced to migrate to Singapore alone due to the political instability in her country. When she arrives at in Singapore she has nothing to survive, but luckily she meets her friend, Irene.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

You arrive in (not at) a particular country/city.

Status
Not open for further replies.