Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello,

The basic information is we're a company in Japan, and we want to sell our products to US, and US is a new market for us.

Can I say "when we try to get into a new market, let's say, the US, we plan to take the mode of cooperation/cooperation mode with a local business as a priority selection."

It seems to me the sentence above is not a native expression, especially the phrase mode of cooperation/cooperation mode. Please help me to correct it and make it sound more native. Whether mode of cooperation/cooperation mode is a native expression?

Thanks

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

The basic information is we're a company in Japan, and we want to sell our products to US, and US is a new market for us.

Can I say "When we try to get into a new market, let's say, the US, we plan to make the mode of cooperation/cooperation mode with a local business [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] a priority [STRIKE]selection[/STRIKE]"?

Capitalize the first letter of every sentence. End questions with question marks.

Mode of cooperation and cooperation mode mean nothing to me.

It seems to me the sentence above is not a native expression, especially the phrase mode of cooperation/cooperation mode.

You're right.

Please help me to correct it and make it sound more native.

First tell us what you're trying to say.

Is
mode of cooperation/cooperation mode [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] a native expression?

Again, it's not. I don't know what it means. You haven't explained it.

Thanks

Punctuate ends of sentences, even if they're just one word.
You're welome.

sum41111

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
You're welome.
Thanks.

Cooperation mode/mode of cooperation means "When we get into a new market, we'd like to establish a local joint venture with a local partner for the purpose of sale of products, instead of a sole proprietorship ourself."

I think there'd be a better expression to represent a business mode that company A and company B do things together, they enter into an agreement with each other. So how do I describe this business mode, is it cooperation mode? Is there a better phrase?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's a partnership. There are lots of kinds of partnerships. You can Google business partnerships and corporate partnerships to learm more.

For your sentence above, what you mean is that you want to go into partnership with an American company.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Joint venture" describes what you want. As does "partnership."

Status