Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hi everyone, I have to write a motivation for Amsterdam university. Can anyone give me some feedback about wording and content?

Dear Sir or Madam
Through this letter, I wish to express my interest in participating in the PPLE program at Amsterdam University.

Studying in PPLE College Amsterdam appeals to me by the international atmosphere and the productive combination of knowledge it creates.
I strongly connect with the international environment that the University of Amsterdam has. All my life I was fortunate enough to be immersed in an international environment. At first through my parents who have shared with me french and german culture. Then in Canada and Singapore where I have lived for 5 and 4 years and through numerous travels in North America and Asia. And finally, here in France where I have truly enjoyed my education in an international context which I would be eager to renew with Amsterdam university. While adapting to these different customs was challenging, especially as a child, these experiences now form a profoundly meaningful part of my identity as the diversity of these opinions and cultures have helped me to develop a strong curiosity for all aspects of the driving economical, political, legal and social aspects of our societies and sense of observation. This mix of cultures has especially brought my attention to subjects that concern the broader international community such as social inequalities or climate change and therefore originated my interest for international relations.

I have chosen the PPLE program as I find an interdisciplinary approach extremely suited for me because it mirrors my view of the complexity of our world. The combination of psychology, politics, law and economics allows for a wider understanding of the world and I enjoy the freedom of studying multiple subjects that interest me equally and the way they interconnect. I remember visiting a village in the desert Thar in India and realising how unequal their situation was to mine as the children couldn’t even go to school for the sole reason that they couldn’t afford a pen and paper. Such experiences have always raised multiple questions for me as to whether the economic organisation of this region should be changed to alter their conditions but also what were the social and political factors legal and illegal that would prevent such changes. I truly believe that the PPLE program could help me answer those questions and later find solutions to these social issues.

In addition, I have realised the importance of close discussion through my involvement in the Model United Nations and am therefore enthusiastic of your combination of lectures, small group studies and research lessons to further develop my critical thinking as I strongly enjoy discussions with other students.

I am also particularly attached, having been there myself, to the university’s and Amsterdam’s efforts toward climate change as well as its international environment. Having pursued an international curriculum as well as my regular program throughout my highschool, I am always enthusiastic to discover new subjects and hope to continue broadening my knowledge in many different areas for which I am happy to have a higher workload. I am a positive, open minded and social student and I hope to contribute to and learn from Amsterdam university’s community with my experiences in France, Singapore and Canada.

Thank you for considering my application

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
1- Is there a word limit?
2- What is the submission deadline?
3- Which areas/topics were you asked to cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.