Kolridg

Member Type
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Could you please tell what "movement of" means in the transcripts below which I made from the videos with Jiddu Krishnamurti where he explains what is meditation and attention. I especially quoted two fragments in order you can see this word in more than one situation what I'm sure will make it easier to understand its meaning.

I would interpret it like "process of", is it right? Thank you.

Meditation, attention and silence | J. Krishnamurti - 10:07
"To attend – are you attending now? Attend, which means what? If you are really deeply attending, there is no centre from which you are attending. Right? You understand? And that attention cannot, as you would like it to, continue. Right? You are following? The continuity is inattention. Have you understood this? I will explain. When you are attending, which means listening – I will explain that, what it means – listening, the art of listening, the art of seeing, the art of learning. That is the total movement of attention. In that attention there is no centre that says, I am learning, I am hearing, I am seeing. There is only this enormous sense of wholeness, which is watching, listening, learning. And in that attention there is no movement of thought."

Come to meditation freshly, innocently - 09:04 | J. Krishnamurti
"Measurement is to think in the terms of the past or the future. The present being measured by the past, modified by that measurement, and that measurement continuing into the future, which is our life. Measurement. Yesterday, I was, today I may change, tomorrow it will be something different. The movement of meditation is to live in daily life without measurement."

Last edited:

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Something like that, yes.