My colleagues are located at different sites, so we learn more when we visit each other's sites

atiq124

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
UK
Is this sentence correct, "My colleagues are located at different sites, so we learn more when we visit each other's sites."?

My concern here is that there are more many colleagues at different sites and I am using EACH OTHERS instead of ONE ANOTHER. At a time, only one colleague is visiting my location or I am visiting only one location in a day. During these visits, we learn about how other sites are operating and performing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people prefer to use each other for two people and one another for more that two. However this is not a recognised rule.

Is this sentence correct?

"My colleagues are located at different sites, so we learn more when we visit each others' sites." no question mark here

My concern here is that there are more many colleagues at different sites and I am using EACH OTHERS "each other" instead of ONE ANOTHER "one another". At any one time, only one colleague is visiting my location or I am visiting only one location in a day. During these visits, we learn about how other sites are operating and performing.
Please note my changes above. There's no need to put anything in block capitals. Use quotation marks (as I did) or italics (as 5jj did) to mark out specific words or phrases.
Your actual question (in this case "Is this sentence correct?") should appear only in the main body of post. Use only the sentence you're asking us about as the title.

Please note my changes above. There's no need to put anything in block capitals. Use quotation marks (as I did) or italics (as 5jj did) to mark out specific words or phrases.
Your actual question (in this case "Is this sentence correct?") should appear only in the main body of post. Use only the sentence you're asking us about as the title.
Thank you. So, using "each others" for more than 2 people is also correct?

Thank you. So, is using "each other's" for more than 2 two people is also correct?
In the right context, yes.
For example, "There were twenty people in the room telling jokes. They were all laughing at each other's jokes".

As the meaning is the jokes of each other, the correct possessive form is each other's jokes.

They're always wearing each other's clothes.
(Cambridge)

Last edited:
Back