My pick up is being done by my company's cab earlier than it should be.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please check my sentences.

My pick up is being done by my company's cab earlier than it should be. My pick up time should be put back by 15 minutes and my friend's pick up time should be put forward by 20 minutes because he always reaches company late.

Are you being picked up by a taxi owned by the company? Perhaps you mean to say that your pick up time is earlier than it should be. Is that right or wrong?

1. "Pick up" is a phrasal verb. Search online for the associated noun.
2. We write numbers lower than 21 in words, not figures.
3. You've omitted an article.

With those points in mind, try again.

Are you being picked up by a taxi owned by the company? Perhaps you mean to say that your pick up time is earlier than it should be. Is that right or wrong?

Could you please correct this sentence? I would like to know what is the correct way of saying this.

1. "Pick up" is a phrasal verb. Search online for the associated noun.
2. We write numbers lower than 21 in words, not figures.
3. You've omitted an article.

With those points in mind, try again.
I am being picked up by my company's cab but my pick up time is earlier than it should be. My pick up time should be put back fifteen minutes and my friend's pick up time should be put forward twenty minutes because he always reaches company late.

I searched pick up noun and that it means to pick something up. I am confused. Should I not say "I am being picked up"?

Since the other guy always gets there late, he should be picked up earlier. On the other hand, you want to be picked up later.

Problem solved!

Since the other guy always gets there late, he should be picked up earlier. On the other hand, you want to be picked up later.

Problem solved!
How about the sentence that I asked you for?

I wouldn't use that at all.

Oftentimes what a person doesn't say is just as important as what he does say.

How about the sentence that I asked you for?
You didn't ask for a sentence. You asked about a sentence. There's a difference.

Are we making any progress?

You didn't ask for a sentence. You asked about a sentence. There's a difference.

Are we making any progress?
Sorry, please help me with the sentence that I asked you about. Is it correct now?

Sorry, please help me with the sentence that I asked you about. Is it correct now?
That's not very helpful. Now I'm supposed to go looking for it, huh?

That's not very helpful. Now I'm supposed to go looking for it, huh?

That's okay (grammatical), but it's a bit too awkward for my taste. Perhaps: They are picking me up earlier than they should.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back