Member Type
Academic
Native Language
French
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Meeting new people or going to new places can be a real mind exhausting experience. Experiencing new things is a real fear from me and my first day in college was no other experience of that. I couldn't sleep the night before, I was thinking the whole night. So in the morning I was really dizzy and I got a headache. I did not take my breakfast I decided to go early to class so I can leave a good impression. When I entered the college, I was definitely lost my mind couldn't focus on anything. I didn't know which way I should take, and I was not brave enough to ask anyone. When i finally found my class I couldn't bring myself to open the door, because I was sure the class was packed and every ones eyes will be on me just imagining that made my heart drop. I stayed in front of the door for a moment but it seemed like a decade, when I opened the door it was exactly what I expected so I was at least t mentally prepared and i only focused on the teacher and I apologized. The class was full, I couldn't find a seat so the teacher was kind enough to give me his seat that was in front of every one. I wanted to run but it was really late to regret my decision of entering the class. The temperature of my body was changing from hot to cold, I was on the edge of crying, I couldn't even get myself comfortable in my seat or realize my surrounding. I was glad that he let us leave early since it was our first day, leaving the class at that moment was like finding an oasis in an isolated Sahara. When I went home I cried my heart out, but after a deep thinking I realized that it was all in my mind and I was just torturing myself after all nothing bad happened. Since that day my comfort zone got larger and now I can accept any sudden incident without overthinking.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When are you going to submit this essay for marking/grading?

Status
Not open for further replies.