• Start date
  • Views : 1,431
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WingSaber

Hi,

I would like you to help me in correcting these sentences of the following:-

" I've been a self-taught person throughout my whole life & continue to do so in future as well. I live with my family at present. I'm the only one in my family who is a non-traditional & non-religious person as I follow the western concepts of life."

"Well, about my personality, I'm an analytic person by nature. I prefer to keep things simple with every human being whom I meet in my life but, I'm a dedicated person when it comes to any work & chose it to complete it at all cost as I don't like to keep things pending. "

This person is writing is about himself in the personal description, I saw too many I's out there, I am not able place the right words places in these sentences.

Please help me out here.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I would like you to help me in correcting [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] the following sentences. [STRIKE]of the following:-[/STRIKE]

"I've been [STRIKE]a self-taught person[/STRIKE] self-teaching throughout my [STRIKE]whole[/STRIKE] life [STRIKE]&[/STRIKE] and I will continue to do so. [STRIKE]in future as well.[/STRIKE] At present, I live with my family. [STRIKE]at present.[/STRIKE] I'm the only [STRIKE]one in my family who is a[/STRIKE] non-traditional [STRIKE]&[/STRIKE] and non-religious [STRIKE]person[/STRIKE] member of my family as I follow the western concepts of life."

"[STRIKE]Well, about my personality, [/STRIKE] I'm an analytical person by nature. I prefer to keep things simple with everyone [STRIKE]human being[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]whom[/STRIKE] I meet [STRIKE]in my life[/STRIKE] but (no comma here) I'm a dedicated person when it comes to [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] work, [STRIKE]&[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]chose it to[/STRIKE] completing it [STRIKE]at all cost[/STRIKE] in good time as I don't like to keep things pending."

This person is writing [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] about himself in the personal description. I saw too many "I"s [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] there. I am not able to place the right words [STRIKE]places[/STRIKE] in these sentences.

Please help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

Please note all my correction above. Who wrote the original paragraph and why are you trying to correct it?

W

WingSaber

My cousin wrote it for himself for his own purposes. Forgot to mention it & edit as well. I don't know the reason yet I would like to help him out.

Thanks for correcting the grammar here.

By the way, how do I correct the I's in these sentences right here after correction or is it fine to be written like this?.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My cousin wrote it [STRIKE]for himself[/STRIKE] for his own purposes.

Forgot to mention it & edit as well. This is not a complete sentence and I don't understand what you mean. Who forgot to mention what? What does "& edit as well" mean.

I don't know the reason, yet I would like to help him out.

Thanks for correcting the grammar here.

By the way, how do I correct the [STRIKE]I's[/STRIKE] "I"s in these sentences [STRIKE]right here after correction[/STRIKE] or is it fine [STRIKE]to be [/STRIKE] written? [STRIKE]like this?.[/STRIKE]

See above.

It would be a lot easier for your cousin to join the forum himself and he can ask his own questions. Please use the word "and" instead of the & symbol.

W

WingSaber

Fine, nevermind then and you can delete the thread as well. :-(.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
For other users' information, WingSaber reported my last reply with the following comment:

"Kindly delete the thread as I'm not going to ask any assistance anymore in future. I find it difficult to make certain people understand what I'm trying to explain as this not my place to ask for help in correcting my grammar. It's disappointing in the end. Certain moderators are way too rigid and incompressible in the end.

Good Bye!."

I've never been called "incompressible" before!

WingSaber, if you wish to have your account deleted, please post in the Support Area and the editor will sort you out. I, for one, hope you choose not to leave. I think there is a lot you could learn here.

As stated in the yellow box at the top of the page "
Please note that posts cannot be deleted from the writing section." The corrections I have made to your posts so far will be helpful to other learners so I will simply close it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.