Need help in writing an email to the admissions office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophie262

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hey, so I've had a few questions is mind that I wanted to ask the admissions advisor but I don't know how to put it in appropriate words. I'm currently doing my A levels and I wanted to ask if A2 is compulsory and if I should go ahead with it, because some of my friends applied after their AS level (which is the first year of A level) and they got the acceptance letter whereas some of my friends didn't. And if I apply now (I'm done with AS Level) and I get the acceptance letter, should I continue with A2? It's pretty confusing. Help please!

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You should be able to write an e-mail like that, as an A-level student.

Write out the draft yourself, then post it here for checking.

not a teacher

sophie262

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Pakistan
You should be able to write an e-mail like that, as an A-level student.

Write out the draft yourself, then post it here for checking.

not a teacher

Thank you for your reply! How's this:
Hello.

I am an international student and I am interested in applying to X College for Y program. I am currently doing my A Levels. I am done with AS Level and I wanted to ask if A2 is necessary? A lot of colleges require 12 years of schooling and I've completed 12 years of schooling - including AS Level.

Thank you for your time, I look forward from hearing you.

Sincerely,

Sophie.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The Admission Advisor
XXX College

Dear Sir/Madam

Entry Requirement for XXX Programme

I am from (country) and I am interested to apply to XXX College for the XXX program.

I am currently doing my A-levels and have completed the AS Level. I would like to know if it is a compulsory requirement for me to complete the A2 Level to gain admission to the program which I am applying for or the AS Levels results would suffice. I have completed 12 years of schooling including the AS Level.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you

Sophie
I do not know which college/university you are applying to but I know that applications to the universities in the UK through UCAS are based on the AS exam results but the offers are conditional. The condition is that applicants have to achieve certain minimum grades in the A2 exam before they can be accepted into the universities. It is unlikely that AS level would suffice for the purpose of gaining admission into a university.

not a teacher

Last edited:

sophie262

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Thank you so much! I'm not applying in the UK. I'm applying in Canada. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.