[Essay] need to write an application

Status
Not open for further replies.

reshma lakhani

Member Type
Student or Learner
i need to write an application to my daughter's school principal to inform her that my 5 yr old daughter was dropped at the stop all alone while i was a little late or i would say the bus was rather early at the stop. theand bus stop is on the main road with heavy traffic all day long....and there could be ne miss happening with the blink of an eye

pls help me in writing an email to the headmistress of the scool...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
i need to write an application to my daughter's school principal to inform her that my 5 yr old daughter was dropped at the stop all alone while i was a little late or i would say the bus was rather early at the stop. theand bus stop is on the main road with heavy traffic all day long....and there could be ne miss happening with the blink of an eye

pls help me in writing an email to the headmistress of the scool...

Please try to write the letter/email yourself first and we will be happy to correct it.

Please ensure that you start each new sentence with a capital letter and you capitalise the word "I" at all times.

reshma lakhani

Member Type
Student or Learner
dear mrs banerjee

this is RESHMA LAKHANI writing this email to you regarding bus teacher mrs savari pawar and the bus conductor being highly irresponsible of v-19.

my daughter REET LAKHANI of class 1-A travels by v-19 in the afternoon, is 5 yr old and was dropped all alone at the stop on tuesday 3rd aug( the bus was a little early and i was stuck at the traffic signal which was not working hence jamming the traffic so it took me a while to reach the stop). the bus stop is on the main road of green park with very heavy traffic all day long. i reached the bust stop to see my daughter crying and talking to few strangers asking to call mumma, leaving me in a state of shock!.any mishappening could take place in just seconds... after which i followed the bus and chased it till 10 mins and spoke to the responsible teacher mrs savari pawar who had no clue about the whole thing and the conductor of the bus was very rude and refused to talk further and moved on taking it lightly.

hence im writing this mail to you believing that every childs safty is important to you and hoping you will take this as a very serious issue and expect you to take appropriate action against this kind of an irresponsible behaviour .
thank you!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Mrs Banerjee

[STRIKE]this is[/STRIKE] My name is Reshma Lakhani and I am writing [STRIKE]this email[/STRIKE] to you regarding irresponsible behaviour by bus teacher, Mrs Savari Pawar, and the bus conductor [STRIKE]being highly irresponsible[/STRIKE] of bus service V-19.

My daughter, Reet Lakhani of class 1-A, travels on the V-19 in the afternoons. She is 5 [STRIKE]yr[/STRIKE] years old and was dropped all alone at the stop on Tuesday, 3rd August (the bus was a little early and I was stuck at [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a broken traffic signal [STRIKE]which was not working hence jamming the traffic so it took me a while to reach the stop[/STRIKE]).

The bus stop is on the main road of Green Park with very heavy traffic all day long. I reached the [STRIKE]bust[/STRIKE] bus stop to see my daughter crying and talking to [STRIKE]few[/STRIKE] some strangers, asking them to call mummy, leaving me in a state of shock! [STRIKE]any mishappening[/STRIKE] Anything could have happened [STRIKE]take place[/STRIKE] in just those few seconds. Afterwards [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]followed the bus and chased it till[/STRIKE] chased the bus for 10 [STRIKE]mins[/STRIKE] minutes. When I caught up with it, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I spoke to the teacher responsible, [STRIKE]teacher[/STRIKE] Mrs Savari Pawar, who said she had no [STRIKE]clue[/STRIKE] idea about the whole thing, and the conductor of the bus who was very rude and refused to talk further, taking it very lightly [STRIKE]and moved on[/STRIKE] then he drove away. [STRIKE]taking it lightly[/STRIKE].

[STRIKE]hence[/STRIKE] I am writing this email to you because I believe [STRIKE]believing[/STRIKE] that every child's safety is important to you and [STRIKE]hoping[/STRIKE] I hope you will take this as a very serious issue. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I expect you to take the appropriate action [STRIKE]against[/STRIKE] to avoid a repeat of this kind of an irresponsible behaviour.

Thank you.

Your sincerely

Please see my amendments above, but please also go back and review the advice I gave in my previous post. You must use a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence. Not only is it grammatically incorrect to type all in lower case, but it's very difficult to read.

With people's names, you only need to capitalise the first letter, not the whole name, so it's:

Mrs Jane Smith
Mr Anwar Patel
Dahlia Jones
Abdul Aziz

reshma lakhani

Member Type
Student or Learner
hello
this time i have to write an application on changing my daughter's bus service
which im writing below
pls correct where im wrong....

Dear ma'am

my daughter REET LAKHANI of class 1-A travels by v-5 in the morning and v-19 in the afternoon. to avoide the confusion i want u to shift her to v-5 in the afternoon as well.
kindly do the needful.
thank you.
reshma lakhani (mother of reet lakhani)

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
hello
this time i have to write an application on changing my daughter's bus service
which im writing below
pls correct where im wrong....

Dear ma'am

my daughter REET LAKHANI of class 1-A travels by v-5 in the morning and v-19 in the afternoon. to avoide the confusion i want u to shift her to v-5 in the afternoon as well.
kindly do the needful.
thank you.
reshma lakhani (mother of reet lakhani)

Dear Ma'am

My daughter REET LAKHANI of class 1-A travels by v-5 in the morning and v-19 in the afternoon. To avoid the confusion I want you to shift her to v-5 in the afternoon as well.
Kndly do the needful.
Thank you.
Reshma Lakhani (mother of Reet Lakhani)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Reshma,

If you are not going to follow Ems's advice after being told repeatedly to start sentences with capital letters and to capitalise I every time, the teachers' patience is likely to run out.

Rover

reshma lakhani

Member Type
Student or Learner
thank you sir
but i think the application should be more formal and elaborate...writing it again adding a few lines this time.im told to add my address and date from when i want the change to take place.pls go through it and correct/add where needed...

SUB- change of bus service V-19 to V-5 in the afternoons.

Dear Ma'am

I'am RESHMA LAKHANI , resident of E-11 GREEN PARK, my daughter REET LAKHANI of class 1-A travels on v-5 in the morning and v-19 in the afternoons. To avoide the confusion I want her to be shifted to v-5 in the afternoons as well/ I want you to shift her to v-5 in the afternoons as well/ I want her to travel on v-5 in the afternoons as well. please make the appropriate changes and change her bus from wednesday 18th aug onwards. i will be travelling with her the first day (18.aug).

kindly do the needful.

thank you.
RESHMA LAKHANI (mother of REET LAKHAIN)

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
thank you sir
but i think the application should be more formal and elaborate...writing it again adding a few lines this time.im told to add my address and date from when i want the change to take place.pls go through it and correct/add where needed... Please use capital letters where appropriate.

SUB- change of bus service V-19 to V-5 in the afternoons.

Dear Ma'am

I am RESHMA LAKHANI , resident of E-11 GREEN PARK, my daughter REET LAKHANI of class 1-A travels on v-5 in the morning and v-19 in the afternoons. To avoid the confusion I want her to travel on v-5 in the afternoons as well. please make the appropriate changes from Wednesday 18th Aug onwards. I will be travelling with her the first day (18.Aug).

Kindly do the needful.

Thank you.
RESHMA LAKHANI (mother of REET LAKHAIN)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location