Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Do you have a subversive thinker, living or dead? Would be a writer, could be even a business person that you think people should look up, look into, no more about? That's underrated and would influence people in a good direction.
Youtube

Hello, teachers. What does "no more about" mean here? (at the very beginning of the video)

Yes, she says 'could', not 'would'.

I'd say could even be in the second sentence.

I think Ostap may have been copying the closed captions, which are incorrect. Those captions also incorrectly say 'no' (instead of know) and 'would' instead of 'could'.

The incorrect punctuation (question marks) are also in the captions. The captions were likely auto-generated, which would explain the know/no homophone, Her excessive rising inflection likely also tricked it into thinking she was asking questions at inappropriate places.

The captions were likely auto-generated,
They aren't suprisingly, and that's the point. They are manual (with the auto-generated ones being simply turned off on this video) so I trusted them.

It should be transcribed like this:

Do you have a subversive thinker, living or dead—it could be a writer, could even be a business person that you think people should look up, look into, know more about—that's underrated and would influence people in a good direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back