[General] No one has asked me yet...(32 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The following short paragraph was a reply to Kris. Kris asked me to help him to see if there's a Japanese teacher in my friend list, so I posted something that all my friends can see online. However, no one has asked me anything about it. Kris' company was looking for a Japanese teacher. Please help me with the following sentences:

No one has asked me anything about the job vacancy about teaching Japanese in your company. We'll see if there's anyone wants to do it. If there's one, I'll let you know.

Besides making the sentence natural. I also wonder if the second sentence is enough. I think the third and fourth are redundant, but I add them because there are explaining something.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The following short paragraph was a reply to Kris. Kris asked me to help him to see if there's a Japanese teacher in my friend list, so I posted something that all my friends can see online. However, no one has asked me anything about it. Kris's company was looking for a Japanese teacher. Please help me with the following sentences:

No one has asked me anything about the job vacancy about teaching Japanese in your company. We'll see if there's anyone wants to do it. If there's one, I'll let you know.
No one has contacted me yet about the job vacancy for a Japanese teacher at your company. If anyone does, I'll let you know.

Besides [STRIKE]making[/STRIKE] wanting to make the sentence natural, I also wonder if the second sentence is enough. I think the third and fourth are redundant, but I added them because [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] they are explaining something.

See above. I have written my version of your sentences underneath yours, as changing the individual words would have looked a bit confusing.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
And I'd make the possessive of Kris Kris's, because the second S is pronounced separately: krissiz

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.