[Grammar] Notification about vacation (e-mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannochka

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello, could you please help me with this letter, is it ok?

"Dear all,

This letter is to officially inform you about my leave from August .. to September ... I will have a limited access to the Internet and e-mails. I will be able to answer e-mails from Wednesday, but not sure how fast answers will be.

Should you have any questions please contact ..."

Welcome to the forums.

Is this the messge people will receive when they e-mail you? Make it much shorter.

Hello,
From August 23 to September 7, I will be out of the office with very limited access to e-mail or voicemail.

If you have any immediate needs, please conctact Sally Smith at x4220. Otherwise, I'll respond on Monday, Sept. 9.

Welcome to the forums.

Is this the messge people will receive when they e-mail you? Make it much shorter.

Hello,
From August 23 to September 7, I will be out of the office with very limited access to e-mail or voicemail.

If you have any immediate needs, please conctact Sally Smith at x4220. Otherwise, I'll respond on Monday, Sept. 9.

Hello!

Thank you for the reply! This is an e-mail I should send to stakeholders, to inform that I will be on a leave.

So you are sending it in advance of your absense. It's not your "bounce back" message.

You could use pretty much what I wrote above, but start with "I wanted to let you know that I'll be out of the office from...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back