Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Does "Fleshcore" mean "a core made of flesh"? Does it imply that while all our activities online are digitalized, the core of the them is made of flesh and thus we are actually kicking and alive rather than robotic (artificial intelligence has an iron/inorganic core). I am not sure.

=================
Ryan Mc Namara Patience

What does patience mean in a pandemic? Ryan McNamara offers one answer with “Fleshcore” (above), a three-minute video whose percussive audio remixes the hold music that callers endure when ...

Source: The New Yorker
https://www.newyorker.com/goings-on-about-town/art/ryan-mcnamara-patience

Here is some material from other source that may help explain:

Ryan McNamara's MEƎM: A STORY BALLET ABOUT THE INTERNET is a choreographic exploration of the online world as a space of engagement, and of the digital architecture that conditions current anxieties over influence and transmission. Exploring our sense of what we do when we copy, steal, appropriate, create, repeat, plagiarize, mine, or tweet, the performance engages several coexisting conceptions of the Internet…

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Almost any word that ends with -core is a style of contemporary music. To learn what style fleshcore is, read the article.

GoodTaste

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Have you read it? I took a shot of a part of the article. If you had, What Is your impression?

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think you frequently try to read far, far too much into simple words. It's the title of a video. Accept it at that, and nothing else.

If you watch the video (warning, it's 3:08 seconds of your life you'll never get back), it's obvious why he included 'flesh' in the title. You'd have to ask the "artist" about the 'core'.

Honestly, it sounds like it should be the name of a sex toy.

If you go to the museum's website and watch the video, you can read his artist's statement. Maybe that will answer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.