Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone,

From the book Choose Your Story, Change Your Life by Kindra Hall.

Zara first told me Jonathan’s story as a friend during a stroll through the park on the far east side of Manhattan. When, a year later, I asked if I might share their story in this book, she suggested I speak with Jonathan, too—to hear his version, his story. Jonathan’s account, while not incongruent, was different from Zara’s—a difference you would expect coming from the person who endured the treatment. However, the commitment to the stories he told himself was the same. In fact, there was one moment that, unknown to either of them, was identical.

After receiving the call in the cab that Friday morning in February and then heading to the hospital to what was ahead, the doctor told Jonathan and Zara to take the weekend. Take it to process. Take it to enjoy what was left of the “normal” they knew. Treatment would start next week.

After that, this is what follows:

Does "one moment that, unknown to either of them" mean that none of them knew (about) that moment?
But how is that possible if it (that moment) happened to them or at least to one of them - Jonathan?

Or is there any hidden meaning behind the phrase "one moment that, unknown to either of them"?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
What was unknown to them was that the moment each experienced was the same as the other experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.