English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Hello everyone,

I am currently doing some research for my Diploma and am interested in finding out what EFL teachers around the world think about the use of arts and craft in the classroom. If any of you could take the time to consider the below and share your ideas on the topic, I'd be eternally grateful. Thank you! :)

Do you ever use arts and craft in your EFL classroom?
Do you think it is possible to stimulate English language learning through the use of arts and crafts? We frequently use these types of activities with children, but what about with older teenagers and adults?
Would you ever consider developing art, craft and drama activities from your textbook lessons? Why/why not?
Which English language systems could be taught through arts and crafts? Which skills?
Do you believe there is any benefit to using arts and crafts to teach language in the classroom?
Any other opinions or comments?

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hi Karen.

Do you ever use arts and craft in your EFL classroom?

I sometimes use origami. And lots and lots of drawing. (Does that count?)

Do you think it is possible to stimulate English language learning through the use of arts and crafts? We frequently use these types of activities with children, but what about with older teenagers and adults?

Oh, absolutely, yes. There's no doubt.

Would you ever consider developing art, craft and drama activities from your textbook lessons? Why/why not?

Yes, sure. Why are you now mentioning drama? What does that have to do with arts and craft?

Which English language systems could be taught through arts and crafts? Which skills?

With enough creativity, all of them. Which ones might you think couldn't?

Do you believe there is any benefit to using arts and crafts to teach language in the classroom?

Benefit to the students? Of course. Otherwise one wouldn't do it. Maybe I misunderstand what you're asking here.

Any other opinions or comments?

I'd be interested in your own ideas about this. And I'd be happy to challenge and guide you, if you want. What do you think makes arts and craft so special? Why are you interested in using it in EFL teaching?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How would you use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.