Student or Learner
Native Language
Sindhi
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Palau
Fear of Afghan Nationalism
Since the partition of the sub-continent Pakistan has lived in fear of ethnic nationalism in Pakistan and Afghan nationalism in Afghanistan. Ethnic nationalism was viewed during the separation of east and west Pakistan, when ethnic groups like Balochs and Pushtuns had been banned in Pakistan.During cold war the leaders of Pushtuns nationalist parties were arrested and propagated as anti-Pakistan. Afghanistan was continuously supporting the Pashtuns separatist where they were in majority. At first, pushtuns who have been living in Pakistan were the supporters of Indian congress. Then, after the creation of Pakistan they had demanded a separate country of Pushtuns. However, after recognizing the value of Pakistan they demanded autonomy under the federation of Pakistan. In Afghan Jihad war Pakistan used Islamist as a bargaining chip to counter Pustunistan policy of Afghanistan. Pan-Islamism was emerged to curb the influence of pushtun nationalism. The ideology of Muslim brotherhood was believed to be won and would undermine the ethnic and nationalistic forces.On the contrary, those who were supposed to be Muslim brothers are now more and more anti-Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Why do all the underlined links lead back to our forum page?

Ali Kazi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Sindhi
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Palau
Why do all the underlined links lead back to our forum page?
I don't know sir. I am new member please guide why all these words are appearing as a link?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't know. [STRIKE]sir.[/STRIKE] I am a new member. Please [STRIKE]guide[/STRIKE] tell me why all these words are appearing as a link?

See my corrections above. Don't refer to users here as "sir". It's unnecessarily formal and it suggests that you assume everyone here is male.

I don't know why they were all links. I have edited your post and removed all the hyperlinks and all the formatting.

Ali Kazi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Sindhi
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Palau
See my corrections above. Don't refer to users here as "sir". It's unnecessarily formal and it suggests that you assume everyone here is male.

I don't know why they were all links. I have edited your post and removed all the hyperlinks and all the formatting.
Teacher kindly tell me that which type of writings should I write in order to get them checked on this forum. I just want to improve my grammar.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I suggest you avoid controversial, political and religious topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.