Please check my letter and help polish it. Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello there. The following is my attempt at writing a request to a job advertisement, which is used as a possible version for my students. Can you please check it and help me polish it? Many thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, there are two places underlined below. I write a slash between alternatives for each place. And I want to know — which alternative you think is more natural or better in its place?

************************************************** *************************************

Dear Chris(the Editor-in-chief of our school website),

I’m writing to apply for the position of Web Editor, advertised on our school website. I feel I am well qualified for the position because I always care a lot about current affairs and take great interest in journalism. Also, I’m good at English. Once I got the first prize in an English Writing Competition in our school. In addition,I worked as a reporter for our school newspaper last year,/I have had one year experience as a reporter with our school newspaper, which will surely help me do the job better.

A position with our school website would give me the opportunity to work part-time in the job that I love.

I would be happy to attend an interview at any time convenient to you.

I look forward to hearing from you. / Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,
Li Hua

Excuse me for my carelessness. I posted it to the wrong place again. Please help me move it to Letter Writing Sub-forum.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello there. The following is my attempt at writing a job application letter/email, [STRIKE]request to a job advertisement,[/STRIKE] which is used as a possible version for my students. Can you please check it and help me polish it? Many thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, there are two places underlined below [STRIKE]. I write[/STRIKE] where I've used a slash between alternatives. [STRIKE]for each place. And I want to know —[/STRIKE] Please let me know which alternative you think is more natural or suitable. [STRIKE]better in its place?[/STRIKE]

************************************************** *************************************

Dear Chris, [STRIKE](the Editor-in-chief of our school website),[/STRIKE]

I’m writing to apply for the position of Web Editor, advertised on our school website. I feel I am well qualified for the position because I [STRIKE]always care a lot about current[/STRIKE] have a genuine and longstanding interest in our school's affairs, and [STRIKE]take great[/STRIKE] I'm very interested in journalism too. Also, I’m [STRIKE]good at[/STRIKE] quite proficient in English. [STRIKE]Once I got the[/STRIKE] I won first prize in an English writing competition in our school last month. In addition,I worked as a reporter for our school newspaper last year,/I have [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] one year's experience as a reporter with our school newspaper, which I believe will be very useful in this position. [STRIKE]surely help me do the job better.[/STRIKE]

After high school, I plan to study journalism or web publishing, so this part-time role would be ideal for me to get valuable experience in this field.
[STRIKE]A position with our school website would give me the opportunity to work part-time in the job that I love.[/STRIKE]

I would be happy to attend an interview at any time convenient to you.

I look forward to hearing from you. [STRIKE]/ Thank you for your time.[/STRIKE]

Yours sincerely,

Li Hua

Status
Not open for further replies.