English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Dear teachers,

It's my short paragraph and I hope you can help me correct it because I have no idea how to make it better. Thank you very much!

Smartphones have several valuable features. First and foremost, it helps people keep in touch with others. No matter how far we are apart from other people, we can still connect with our families and friends. Additionally, you can search for plenty of information online, such as searching for weather forecasts, finding recipes, or learning a new language. Smartphones are like portable and light computers. Last but not least, it is convenient to record the note on your smartphone. You don’t need to carry a book and stationery with heavy footsteps; all you need is just a smartphone. It can be used as a camera or a notebook to keep our memories of daily life on record. In recent years, smartphones have become popular in society and have helped you in several ways to progress your life.

evakillua

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Dear teachers,

It's my short paragraph and I hope you can help me correct it because I have no idea how to make it better. Thank you very much!

Smartphones have several [STRIKE]valuable [/STRIKE] useful features. First and foremost, [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] they (you started with plural, so stick to it) help[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] people keep in touch with [STRIKE]others[/STRIKE] each other. No matter how far we are apart[STRIKE] from other people[/STRIKE], we can still connect with our families and friends. Additionally, you can search for[STRIKE] plenty of [/STRIKE]information online, such as searching for weather forecasts, finding recipes, or learning a new language. Smartphones are like portable [STRIKE]and light[/STRIKE] computers. Last but not least, it is convenient to [STRIKE]record the note[/STRIKE] write notes on your smartphone. You don’t need to carry a book and stationery[STRIKE] with heavy footsteps[/STRIKE] with you; all you need is just a smartphone. It can also be used as a camera or a notebook to[STRIKE] keep [/STRIKE] record our memories of daily life [STRIKE]on record.[/STRIKE] In recent years, smartphones have become popular in society and have helped [STRIKE]you [/STRIKE] us in [STRIKE]several ways to progress your life[/STRIKE] various aspects of our life.

evakillua

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Smart phones

Smart phones are minicomputers with a phone app.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Smart phones

Smart phones are minicomputers with a phone app.

Ummm, no, they're not! They're mini-computers; I'll grant you that, but they're not a "computer with a phone app"!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Smart phones

Well, that's not original with me.