Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
i,

Thank you for your email.

Just to let you know that I’m not raising query in relation to deadlock matter but other issues.

I have received invoice of £393.00 for a month using smart meter bill, which is too high for our low usage. I believe smart meter is not accurate as display is showing £16000 for usage for one day which screenshot emailed to you.

Why smart meter installed or communicated without my permission? I have not ask for it. This is breach
of GDPR.

You have cancelled site visit engineer appointment last minute an hour before slot time ends. I had lost one day of income due to take time off from work.

I would grateful if you could relay this matter to relevant department to be reviewed.

Regards

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The bill is too high due to an inaccurate meter.

It's probably not a good idea to start off by saying what the email is not about

Try:

I received an invoice for £393.00 for a month using the smart meter bill. That is too high for our low usage. I believe the smart meter is inaccurate. (In a separate email I sent a screenshot showing £16,000 usage for one day.)

Why was the smart meter installed without my permission? I did not ask for it. This is a breach of GDPR.

You canceled the onsite visit by the engineer at the last minute, and I lost a day's income because of having to take off from work."

And:

Please relay this to the relevant department ASAP.

I would think that that if you received an invoice from them you would already know what department to send the email to.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Is it actually a breach of GDPR? I believe that the forcible installations have been banned now, but I am not sure what what the legal background to this decision.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Forcible installations of smart meters were banned, I believe, in early February this year. If the installation took place before then, it was probably legal.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@KasonBowen Please correct the information in your member profile. You appear to have chosen randomly from the dropdown lists for the letters A and B for Native Language, Home Country and Current Location.