[Essay] Please help me proofread this letter and help polish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Dear ***,
How have you been ? You must be enjoying your life back home. We still miss the days we spent together.
Last term, we all benefited a lot from your lessons. We improved our oral English and become more confident to express ourselves. In addition, we learned so much about western culture and tradition.
On behalf of my class, I would like to thank you for teaching us English! We wish you joy and happinese in the new stage of life!
Yours,

The above is a kind of writing practice for my students. It presumes that the school English teacher has arrived back in the USA after his/her teaching work ended last term. The task is to write a Thank-you letter on behalf of your classmates to your English teacher, who devoted himself/herself to his /her teaching. The letter above is my own version. It serves as a possible version for my students. I hope someone would be so kind as to help me perfect it. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Became, not become. I am pretty sure that was just a typo.

More importantly, "to express ourselves" is okay but not the most perfectly natural usage. "In expressing ourselves" is better.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear ***,

How have you been? You must be enjoying your life back home. [STRIKE]We[/STRIKE] My classmates and I still miss the days we spent together with you.
Last term, we all benefited a lot from your lessons. We improved our oral English and became more confident [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in expressing ourselves. In addition, we learned so much about Western culture and traditions.
On behalf of my class, I would like to thank you for teaching us English! We wish you [STRIKE]joy[/STRIKE] success and happiness in your life. [STRIKE]in the new stage of life![/STRIKE]

Yours,

Status
Not open for further replies.