Please note that the desk clock [was] placed in the office room.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1. Please note that the desk clock placed in the office room.
2. Please note that the desk clock was placed in the office room.

Would you please tell me which one is grammatically correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you write those rather strange sentences yourself? What prompted you to write them? Which one do you think is correct and why?

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Did you write those rather strange sentences yourself? What prompted you to write them? Which one do you think is correct and why?
We want to mention in the material delivered report that the desk clock placed in the office room.
Whether I should write "active or passive voice" in that sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK. Thank you. You need to make it clear in post #1 whether you've written the content yourself or copied it from somewhere else.
I need to provide a report to the consultant about the status of the items delivered to the site.
Do I take it that a wall clock was one of the things that was delivered?
I think I should go with the active voice.
You're getting ahead of yourself. First, you need to establish whether both your sentences are even grammatically correct. Look carefully at both your sentences. (I'm not certain you're really clear about active/passive.)

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
OK. Thank you. You need to make it clear in post #1 whether you've written the content yourself or copied it from somewhere else.

Do I take it that a wall clock was one of the things that was delivered?
It is a desk clock,
You're getting ahead of yourself. First, you need to establish whether both your sentences are even grammatically correct. Look carefully at both your sentences. (I'm not certain you're really clear about active/passive.)
I think #1 sentence is wrong. An auxiliary verb is missing. So, I should write " Please note that the desk clock is installed in the office room."
Please advise.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It is a desk clock.

I think sentence #1 sentence is wrong. An auxiliary verb is missing. So, I should write " Please note that the desk clock is installed in the office room."
Sentence #1 is wrong. I'm not sure why you've changed the main verb from "placed" to "installed" so I'm going to revert to the original. Note that "office room" makes no sense. An office is a room!

Please note that the desk clock was placed in the office. ✅
Please note that the desk clock has been placed in the office. ✅
Please note that the desk clock is placed in the office. ✅ (However, note that "is placed" works only if you're talking about a habitual action.)
Please note that the desk clock placed in the office. ❌

How many items were in this delivery? If it's a lot, and you're going to have to write something like this for each item, it's going to be a very long report. I would expect something like this:

Location of items delivered
Desk clock (office)
Chair (office)
Hand dryer (bathroom)
Coffee machine (kitchen)

Of course, the first on that list works only if there's just one office in the building you're talking about, and as long as there's just one desk in that office. Otherwise, you're going to have to explain which desk in which office this famous "desk clock" is now on!