Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Please note we have a client that we have installed batteries model number #...
The installation was done two (2) months ago.
The picture attached shown a swallon effect on the batteries.
I have also attached a picture showing the minimum and maximum voltage of the batteries.
Can you provide advice and explanation on the reason of this effect.
The installation includes 48 batteries ( connecting 24 number of 2 volts battery in series).
The client has noticed also a high temperature in the chargers. Is that related to the batteries swollen?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"swallon"? Do you mean the batteries have swollen?

Why have you put every sentence on its own line? It looks like a poem! Write in logical paragraphs. You've omitted a question mark. The opening sentence needs to be reworded. I'm going to suggest that you work on this letter one line at a time. At the moment, you post a whole letter, we correct it and (presumably) you send off the corrected version. I'm not entirely sure you're actually learning anything. Please post just the first sentence again (in this thread, not a new one) and look carefully at it. My first suggestion is that you omit "Please note".

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
We have a customer for whom we have installed batteries with model number no... from two months ago. The installation consists of 48 batteries (connection of 24 serial 2 volt battery numbers).
Last week, the customer also noticed an elevated temperature in the chargers and an inflated effect on the batteries, as shown in the image below.

I have also enclosed a chart showing the minimum and maximum battery voltage over the past week. Can you give us some advice and explanation as to the reason for this effect?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We have a customer for whom we have installed batteries with model number no... from two months ago.

The use of "from" is incorrect. I would reorder the sentence. Try starting with the timeframe and put it all in the active voice (just clearly state who installed the batteries). You frequently make sentences much more complicated than they need to be. I don't know if you're doing this because it's a business email and you think you need to sound overly formal, but at the moment it's serving to confuse things.

Here's a sentence I think you might write: I have a friend at whose house I attended a gathering during the week before this one.
Here's what I'd write: Last week, I went to a party at a friend's house.

My version is clear, uses fewer words, and is easy to understand.

Reactions: Joj

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
From two months ago, we have installed batteries at a client's house with model number no....

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
From Two months ago, we have installed some batteries at a client's house. with The model no number(s) is/are ...

You must get out of the habit of using "from" with such simple timescales.

We installed the batteries two months ago.
Two months ago, we installed the batteries.

There is no need for "from" anywhere in either sentence.

Reactions: Joj

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Two months ago, we installed 48 batteries (2 bank of 24 batteries) at a client's house.
Last week, the customer also noticed an elevated temperature in the chargers and an inflated effect on the batteries, as shown in the image below.

I have also enclosed a chart showing the minimum and maximum battery voltage over the past week. Can you give us some advice and explanation as to the reason for this effect?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Two months ago, we installed 48 batteries (2 bank of 24 batteries) at a client's house.
Last week, the customer also noticed an elevated temperature in the chargers and an inflated effect on that the batteries had swollen, as shown in the image below.

I have also enclosed attached a chart showing the minimum and maximum battery voltage over the past week. Can you give us some advice and explanation as to the reason for this effect?

The last two sentences don't belong in the same paragraph. The final question suggests that you are looking for an explanation for an effect described in the preceding sentence, but there isn't one. Be clearer. Put "Can you provide an explanation for these effects" after "... in the image below".
After "over the past week", explain what the relevance of those voltages is and say what you want the recipient to do about it.

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Last week, the customer noticed an elevated temperature in the chargers and that the batteries had swollen, as shown in the image below. Can you provide an explanation for these effects?

I have attached a chart showing minimum/maximum battery voltage and the temperature of the batteries over the past week which seems perfectly normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.