Please provide additional updates as your travel plans start to firm up for departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello,

can you please let me know what’s meaning for below sentence? What I understood is, please provide additional details when you are ready to departure. Is my understanding correct?

sentence: “[FONT=&quot]Please provide additional updates as your travel plans start to firm up for departure.“

Thanks in advance for your guidance.[/FONT]

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, Rammu.:)

Always tell us the source and author of any text you quote, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rammu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
My supervisor is asking me with that sentence.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please tell me more details when you make definite travel plans. I don't know what your supervisor meant by for departure.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

Can you please [STRIKE]let me know what’s[/STRIKE] tell me the meaning [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] of the sentence below?

[STRIKE]sentence:[/STRIKE] “Please provide additional updates as your travel plans start to firm up for departure.“

[STRIKE]sentence?[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]What[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]understood[/STRIKE] understand it to mean [STRIKE]is,[/STRIKE] "Please provide additional details when you are ready to [STRIKE]departure[/STRIKE] depart". Is my understanding correct?

[STRIKE]Thanks in advance for your guidance.[/STRIKE]
Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

My supervisor [STRIKE]is asking[/STRIKE] asked me [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] to do that. [STRIKE]sentence.[/STRIKE]

Please note my corrections to your posts above. I think you need to ask your supervisor what he/she means. We can't be certain that we are giving you a correct version if we don't know what he/she is trying to say.

Last edited:

Rammu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
He asked me to travel by now but I said I can’t due covid19 lockdown. Then he replied “[FONT=&quot]That is understood. Please provide additional updates as your travel plans start to firm up for departure.”.
just wanted to know what’s the meaning for that sentence?[/FONT]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
He asked me to travel [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] now but I said I can’t due to the Covid-19 lockdown. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] He replied “That is understood. Please provide additional updates as your travel plans start to firm up for departure (no full stop here)”.
I just wanted to know [STRIKE]what’s[/STRIKE] the meaning [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] of that sentence.

It means "When you start to make definite plans for your travel, keep me updated".

Status
Not open for further replies.