Current Location
Spain
hi!:-D my name is madhav

can some one give me the explanation of the following proverbs.:?::?:
1. sound mind in a sound body
2.all's well that ends well.

please send the reply as fast as u can.

Hi, Madhav,

1) sound mind in a sound body - I am sure this means that to have a healthy mind, you should also have a healthy body. In other words, good mental health comes from having good physical health too. ( please correct me if I am wrong!)

2) all's well that ends well. - This is more famous, perhaps one of the most well-known proverbs. It is usually used when we have problems doing or achieving something which we finally manage to accomplish. There is a sense of relief that we have managed to achieve it, despite the difficiulties and we say 'All's well that ends well' to mean that the important thing is the result. Perhaps you lost your camera one morning. The rest of the day is terrible for you, as you chase around looking for it. You have a lot of stress, have to spend three hours in the police station filling out forms. Finally, you get home, your day having been ruined by all the stress and worry at losing your expensive camera. You sit down at the kitchen table and drink a cup of tea, and there, by the door, on the chair, is your camera. You had forgotten to take it with you. " Ah well, all's well that ends well". There is always a sense of relief connected with this phrase.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.