Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I'm watching a show called "Is It Cake", a baking competition. One of the contestants said "Almost going home last challenge really put in perspective that I really need to focus on making the best log that I can make because I wanna show what I can do, so I'm not going to leave anything to chance".

I can't hear he said "put in" or "put into". I have a question about the use of "put in perspective". I looked that up in the dictionary. The pattern is usually "put X in perspective".
The speaker said "put in perspective". Put what in perspective? Is the situation put in the perspective?

Last edited:
I'm watching a show called "Is It Cake", a baking competition. One of the contestants said "Almost going home last challenge really put in perspective that I really need to focus on making the best log that I can make because I wanna show what I can do, so I'm not going to leave anything to chance".

I can't TELL WHETHER he said "put in" or "put into". I have a question about the use of "put in perspective". I looked that up in the dictionary. The pattern is usually "put X in perspective".
The speaker said "put in perspective". Put what in perspective? Is the situation put in the perspective?
Isn't it "Is It Cake?"?

I think in that instance "put in perspective" means "made it clear".

I hope that helps.

Context is very important.

I'm watching a baking competition TV show called "Is It Cake?". , a baking competition. One of the contestants said "Almost going home last challenge really put in perspective that I really need to focus on making the best log that I can make because I wanna show what I can do, so I'm not going to leave anything to chance".

I can't hear make out whether he said "put in" or "put into". I have a question about the use of "put in perspective". I looked that up in the dictionary. The pattern is usually "put X in perspective".
The speaker said "put in perspective".
It can be either "put in perspective" or "put into perspective".

Put what in perspective? Is the situation put in the perspective?

Reactions: 5jj
It can be either "put in perspective" or "put into perspective".

In the dictionary, the samples are all "put something in perspective" or "something is put in perspective". But the speaker said "put in perspective". He didn't said the "something". What is that "something" in the speaker's speech? Is it "that I really need to focus on making the best log that I can make"?

Last edited:
put something in perspective

"Almost going home last challenge really put in perspective that I really need to focus on making the best log that I can make because I want to show what I can do, so I'm not going to leave anything to chance".

Back