Other
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Hello,

Happy to be here. I want to start a new career doing something I`m good at, meaning the English language. I want to tutor kids on platforms like [name of commercial site deleted by mod] and any platform that will pay me 10$ an hour. My question is, where to start? Do I have to create planned lectures and structure each lesson, with reading, listening, and grammar? How do you do your lessons with tutored kids? Do you have your lessons prepared in advance? How does this teaching of English work what do I have to do in order to be able to tutor children on online platforms?
Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you soon

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

I'm happy to be here. I want to start a new career doing something I'm good at, [STRIKE]meaning[/STRIKE] which is the English language. I want to tutor kids on platforms like [name of commercial site deleted by mod] and any platform that will pay me [STRIKE]10$[/STRIKE] $10 an hour. My question is no comma here where [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] should I start? Do I have to create planned lectures and structure each lesson no comma here with reading, listening, and grammar? How do you do your lessons with [strike]tutored[/strike] kids you tutor? Do you have your lessons prepared in advance? How does this teaching of English work? What do I have to do in order to be able to tutor children on online platforms?

Thanks a lot and I hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What English-teaching qualification do you have?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I see from your profile that your native language is Romanian. What qualifications in English do you have?

bogdanm

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
I see from your profile that your native language is Romanian. What qualifications in English do you have?

Hello, I don`t have any but I`m just an advanced English speaker. Please don`t tell me I can`t teach. I just want to talk for money with people who know a lot less English than me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. I don't have any but I'm [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] an advanced English speaker. Please don't tell me I can't teach. I just want to talk for money with people who know a lot less English than me.

Note my corrections above (as well as the ones in my previous post). You need to find the correct apostrophe symbol on your keyboard.

We're not telling you that you can't offer your services to people whose English level is lower than yours. However, you must tell any prospective students that you are not a qualified teacher of English.

It sounds as if you want to help people with general/conversational English. If that's the case, you don't necessarily need a structured plan that includes reading, listening and grammar. However, you should always have some kind of lesson plan in place before the session, even if it's only a list of potential topics to talk about.

bogdanm

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Hello,

Yes, I mainly want to have a conversation with people old or young it doesn`t matter to me I don`t have a preference. I`m just an advanced English speaker and English was the school subject I always aced in school and high school. But how do I go about in teaching the basics structured lessons where can I find something like that I looked on some books and amazon and I downloaded some of them off the internet they are not structured lessons for reading, writing, grammar so how can I get my hands on something like that or where can I find some that have a structure that teaches you how to do that?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

Yes, I mainly want to have [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] conversations with people, old or young. It doesn't matter to me; I don't have a preference. I'm just an advanced English speaker and English was the [STRIKE]school[/STRIKE] subject I always aced in school and high school. [STRIKE]But[/STRIKE] How do I go about [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] teaching the basics? [STRIKE]structured lessons[/STRIKE] Where can I find something like [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] structured lessons? I looked [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in/at some books [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] on Amazon and I downloaded some of them off the internet but they are not structured lessons for reading, writing and grammar, so how can I get my hands on something like that? [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] Where can I find some that have a structure that teaches you how to do that?

Note my corrections above. You still haven't found the right apostrophe symbol. If you're planning to help people online, you need to make sure that your written English is correct. You write long sentences with very little punctuation.

You can find some lesson plans at EnglishBanana but they are aimed at people who already have a qualification.

I sincerely hope that you downloaded books that are legally free to download. We don't support illegally downloading books instead of buying them.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
If you want to be an English teacher, bogdanm, you really ought to do a teacher training course. That will teach you how to plan your own lessons, and prepare your own materials.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I don`t have any but I`m just an advanced English speaker..
OK, I won't.

However, you are someone who has no qualification in teaching or in English, who admits to having little or no idea about how to plan or structure lessons, and whose written English is below what we expect of an English teacher. You may be able to find some work having one-to-one conversational lessons, but no reputable online teaching site will take you on.

bogdanm

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Hello, The site English Banana is great. Thanks a lot. I won't stick much to writing I don`t use punctuation even in the Romanian language properly, so I don`t know but thank you very much for the English banana site. It was just what I was looking for. Now if you could please tell me how do I go about in choosing which lessons I do per hour do I go to elementary and just choose 1 reading lesson, 1 writing lesson, and 1 grammar lesson to do in the tutoring hour. I haven`t paid much attention In my school English classes because thanks to Cartoon Network i could hit the ball on anything the teacher will throw at me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
With all due respect, we're not here to do the work for you. If you want to know how to construct lesson plans, take an English teaching course. You said you want to make $10 per hour. You need to earn that money!

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The only part of UE I have ever visited is the forum. However, if you avoid the forum by typing just usingenglish.com you will be given a choice between student and teacher. When you choose teacher you will see a lot of teaching resources including 1,309 lesson plans. Good luck with your teaching.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't think you need to choose anything. If you look to the top right-hand corner of any screen, you will see a list of dropdown headings. One of them is "Teaching". Click that and have a good look through. I've circled it in the following screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 21.57.06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Now if you could please tell me how do I go about in choosing which lessons I do per hour do I go to elementary and just choose 1 reading lesson, 1 writing lesson, and 1 grammar lesson to do in the tutoring hour. I haven`t paid much attention In my school English classes because thanks to Cartoon Network i could hit the ball on anything the teacher will throw at me.

Shouldn't you be choosing them according to the needs of your students?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Status
Not open for further replies.