Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
My prospective employer has recently downgraded my title from a senior manager to manager. I had a discussion with my prospective manager to negotiate with HR to keep the title unchanged or to offer me a similar senior role equivalent to senior manager.

I would like to follow up with him now. Is it common and professional to say the following? If no, please suggest a better alternative that works in this context.

"Hope you reached an agreement/ reached a satisfactory solution with HR and they don't mind offering me a similar senior role"

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I hope that you have reached [STRIKE]an agreement/ reached[/STRIKE] a satisfactory solution with HR and that they don't mind offering me a similar senior role.
Try that.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't find "that they don't mind offering me" natural or professional. It's not a case of whether they mind doing so or not. It's a case of whether or not there is a similar senior role vacant at the moment.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My prospective employer has recently downgraded my title from a senior manager to manager. I had a discussion with my prospective manager to negotiate with HR to keep the title unchanged or to offer me a similar senior role equivalent to senior manager.

I would like to follow up with him now. Is it common and professional to say the following? If not, please suggest an [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE] alternative [STRIKE]that works in this context[/STRIKE].

"I hope you and HR have found [STRIKE]reached an agreement/ reached[/STRIKE] a [STRIKE]satisfactory[/STRIKE] solution [STRIKE]with HR[/STRIKE] and can offer me a senior role."

"I hope you and HR have found a solution and can offer me a senior role."
Avoid wordiness. Punctuate the ends of all sentences.

Let us know what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.