Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Question: In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

In many nations, people are gaining more weight than before which cause them to be unhealthy and lack of fitness nowadays. There are a number of reasons for this but several measures can be taken to alleviate these problems.

There are several factors contributing to these problem. One of the factors is people nowadays do not lead an active lifestyle. They do not exercise when they should as they do not think exercise should be their main priority. They would rather rest at home instead of spending times for outdoor activities. By the way, busy schedule and stressful lifestyle due to work have given them the excuses to avoid exercise. Another cause is that people do not eat a healthy diet as they tend to eat processed food. This is because processed food are a popular choice of diet due to busyness. As a result, people have neglected the harms of the processed food might caused. Hence, overweight is expected which would lead to multiple health problems and decrease in fitness level.

Since these problems have become a major concern around the world, measures should be taken to tackle this issue. In the first place, government should organize more campaign to increase public awareness in healthy eating and active lifestyle. Government should take advantage of the advancement of technology to advertise more about ways to increase one’s physical fitness and educate public in healthy eating. In addition, schools should also play a part in educating the children on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle since young. By doing this, they will learnt and practice the correct way to eat and exercise.

In conclusion, there are various causes of these problems hence measures should be taken to address this current issue by organizing campaigns and educating the children since young to promote healthy and active livings.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What are you going to do with this essay once it's corrected?

Vivian123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
What are you going to do with this essay once it's corrected?

For my own. I have recently re learn the basic of english. I want to see if i have any improvement

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]For my own.[/STRIKE] I wrote it for myself. I have recently re-learnt the basics of English. I want to see if I have made any improvement.

Thank you for clarifying the purpose of your essay. Note my correction to your most recent post above. I don't have time to look at your essay today but I'm sure someone will look at it soon.

Vivian123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Thank you for clarifying the purpose of your essay. Note my correction to your most recent post above. I don't have time to look at your essay today but I'm sure someone will look at it soon.

Thank you for your correction. I really appreciate your prompt reply.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Question: In some countries, the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

In many nations, people are gaining more weight than before, which causes them to be unhealthy and lack [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] fitness. [STRIKE]nowadays.[/STRIKE] There are a number of reasons for this, but several measures can be [STRIKE]taken[/STRIKE] implemented to alleviate these problems.

There are several factors contributing to [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] this problem. One [STRIKE]of the[/STRIKE] such factor is people nowadays do not lead an active lifestyle. They do not exercise [STRIKE]when they should[/STRIKE] as they do not think [STRIKE]exercise[/STRIKE] it should be [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] a main priority. They would rather rest at home instead of spending time [STRIKE]s for[/STRIKE] on outdoor activities. [STRIKE]By the way,[/STRIKE] Furthermore, their busy schedule and stressful lifestyle [STRIKE]due to work[/STRIKE] have given them the excuse to avoid exercise.
Another cause is that people do not eat a healthy diet [STRIKE]as they[/STRIKE] and tend to eat processed food. [STRIKE]This is because processed food are a popular choice of diet due to busyness.[/STRIKE] As a result, [STRIKE]people have neglected the harms of the processed food might caused. Hence,[/STRIKE] they become overweight [STRIKE]is expected which would lead to[/STRIKE] and suffer multiple health problems and a decrease in fitness level.

Since these problems have become a major concern around the world, [STRIKE]measures[/STRIKE] steps should be taken to tackle this issue. In the first place, governments should organize more campaigns to increase public awareness [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of healthy eating and active lifestyles. Governments [STRIKE]should take advantage of the advancement of technology to advertise[/STRIKE] need to promote [STRIKE]more about ways to increase one’s[/STRIKE] physical fitness and educate the public in healthy eating. In addition, schools should also play a part in educating [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] children on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle from an early age. [STRIKE]since young.[/STRIKE] By doing this, they will learn and practice the correct way to eat and exercise.

In conclusion, [STRIKE]there are[/STRIKE] various factors contribute to being overweight, [STRIKE]causes of these problems hence measures[/STRIKE] and action should be taken to address this [STRIKE]current[/STRIKE] issue by organizing campaigns and educating the children [STRIKE]since young[/STRIKE] to promote healthy and active living.

Status
Not open for further replies.