Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I'm writing in response to a research project leader to suggest a modification to a research proposal. I'd appreciate it if you could give me your professional opinion.

I think the topic is quite interesting; nevertheless, given that today's children's lives are becoming increasingly digitalized, I propose that we look at these issues addressing children's digital behavior. Examining this issue from the perspectives of new media studies and psychology may provide a better array of challenges. If I may be more specific, the topic could be “….”
Evidences (e.g., xxxx) demonstrate the significance of the issue. The Covid-19 crisis has resulted in a significant increase in household internet usage; effectively, children reported spending more time online. The more they use the internet, the more they are exposed to any risks associated with online activities, as well as the possibility of engaging in online aggression. A number of studies have found that children's problematic internet use is related to externalizing behaviors such as aggressiveness. Participants in that situation would be children and their parents/guardians.
The topic has not yet been developed since I need to know your thoughts in order to move forward; we will need to discuss some details, such as how we selected our sample for the study. Are we relying on children's reports, or will parents report their children's aggressive behavior? or do we need to compare from both angles? Despite the fact that I believe children's self-reports are more reliable since cognitive biases influence parents' judgment. Another question to consider is which types of aggressiveness are more common in Belgian children. The project is currently in its early stages and could be expanded.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I'm writing in response to a research project leader's to suggestion that I modify a modification to a research proposal. I'd appreciate it if you could give me your professional opinion.

I think the topic is quite interesting; nevertheless, given that today's children's lives nowadays are becoming increasingly digitalized, I propose that we look at these issues addressing children's digital behavior. Examining this issue from the perspectives of new media studies and psychology may provide a better array of challenges. If I may be more specific, the topic could be “….”
Evidence (e.g., xxxx) demonstrates the significance of the issue. The Covid-19 crisis has resulted in a significant increase in household internet usage; effectively, children reported spending more time online. The more they use the internet, the more they are exposed to any risks associated with online activities, as well as the possibility of engaging in online aggression. A number of studies have found that children's problematic internet use by children is related to externalizing behaviors such as aggressiveness. Participants in that situation would be children and their parents/guardians.
The topic has not yet been developed fixed since I need to know your thoughts in order to move forward; we will need to discuss some details, such as how we selected our sample for the study. Are we relying on children's reports, or will on parents' reports of their children's aggressive behavior, or do we need to compare from both angles? *Despite the fact that I believe children's self-reports are more reliable since cognitive biases influence parents' judgment. Another question to consider is about which types of aggressiveness are more common in Belgian children. The project is currently in its early stages and could be expanded.
I don't understand the underlined parts.
* That is not a complete sentence. What do you mean by "despite"?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You don't need to question yourself but you need to question Belgian children. I would not take your project further.

Status
Not open for further replies.