Review of an Instrumental Named 'River Moonlight Shines on People'(1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The splendid tones of piano create a transquil moonlit evening while the melancholic timbre of Xun which is a Chinese flute made from earth just penetrates into the cool air and echos over the river and the hearts of the audience.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The splendid piano creates a tran[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]quil moonlit evening (1) while the melancholic sound of Xun, [STRIKE]which is[/STRIKE] a Chinese flute made from earth, [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] penetrates[STRIKE] into[/STRIKE] the cool air and echoes over the river and (2) the hearts of the audience.

1. How does the piano create an evening? Sets/creates the mood for the evening?
2. How does the sound of the flute echoes the heart of the audience? Consider using "resonates with the heart of the audience".

Last edited:

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
1. How does the piano create an evening? Sets the mood for the evening?
I personally feel the sound on the piano just elegantly glides by as the moonlight does. It's similar to the Blue Damube composed by John Strass, the late Austrian musican. In that works of Strass', I could feel and see the river is dancing in the description of his muscial language.

I don't enjoy songs with lyrics that much because the lyrics will cut my imaginary wings with which I can render the music myself.

2. How does the sound of the flute echoes the heart of the audience? Consider using "resonates with the heart of the audience".

Thank you very much for this correction and other ones as well as always.

3. Without realizing you've corrected my text, I've slightly edited my words in the original post.
The splendid tones of piano creates a transquil moonlit evening (1) while the melancholic timbre of Xun, which is a Chinese flute made from earth,just penetrates into the cool air and echoes over the river and (2) the hearts of the audience.

I don't mean the piano is splendid, but the tones are splendid. I've highlighted my changes in blue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.