Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello! I want to improve my writing skill, therefore I am writing something. This is one of them. If you help me correct my mistakes, I will be grateful.

I underlined some part of the text because I am not sure both of my choices go with the sentences. It will be helpful, if you can tell me whether they are true or not.

SCUBA DIVING

Those who are interested in scuba diving sometimes ask each other whether it is dangerous or not. Of course it depends on the diver, because most of the danger results not from the diving but from the diver.

The diver is usually equipped with a mask consist of glass and rubber which prevents water from blurring his vision in scuba diving. Rubber foot-pallets provide/give him speed and durability/endurance. Because of the cold water, the diver wears a diving cloth which keeps him warm.

Most face masks have a short breathing tubes called snorkel. The diver breathes through/via this tube. If he wants to dive/go deeper, he takes a deep breath and dives/plunges. Scuba diving is generalley done in water 2 to 7 meters deep. Expert divers, however, with training and experience can go/dive much deeper.

Thanks for your help!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello! I want to improve my writing skill, [STRIKE]therefore[/STRIKE] so I am doing some writing practice. [STRIKE]something.[/STRIKE] This is one of my texts. [STRIKE]them.[/STRIKE] If you help me correct my mistakes, I will be grateful.

I underlined some parts of the text because I am not sure both of my choices go with the sentences. It will be helpful if you can tell me whether they are [STRIKE]true[/STRIKE] correct or not.

SCUBA DIVING

Those who are interested in scuba diving sometimes [STRIKE]ask each other[/STRIKE] wonder whether it is dangerous or not. Of course, it depends on the diver, because most of the danger results not from the diving but from the diver.

The diver is usually equipped with a mask [STRIKE]consist of[/STRIKE] made from glass and rubber which prevents water from blurring the diver's [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] vision. [STRIKE]in scuba diving.[/STRIKE] Also, divers use rubber fins for greater agility and maneuverability under water. [STRIKE]foot-pallets provide/give him speed and durability/endurance.[/STRIKE] Because of the cold water, the diver wears a diving [STRIKE]cloth[/STRIKE] suit to [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] keep [STRIKE]him[/STRIKE] warm.

Most face masks have a short breathing tube attached, called a snorkel. The diver breathes through/via this tube. If [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] the diver wants to dive/go deeper, [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] they take a deep breath and dive.[STRIKE]/plunges.[/STRIKE] Scuba diving is generally done [STRIKE]in water[/STRIKE] at a depth of 2-7 meters. [STRIKE]deep.[/STRIKE] Expert divers, however, with training and experience can go/dive much deeper.

Thanks for your help!
Note that scuba diving is not the same as snorkeling.

Erbab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thanks for your edition. It is very helpful for me to sound natural. I am grateful.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thanks for your [STRIKE]edition[/STRIKE] editing. It is very helpful for me to [STRIKE]sound[/STRIKE] learn natural English. I am grateful.
You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.