Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Cambodian
Home Country
Cambodia
Current Location
Cambodia
Hello everyone here! I'm a secondary student in Cambodia. I'd like to ask you to help check my self introduction essay i'm working on for home stay. Please kindly respond to this as soon as possible. Thank you.

Write a short self introduction in English and explain why you are interested in the home stay program. (500 words max)

My name is Choun Pangatevy and I am a 17 years old, 11th grader at Preah Sisowath High School. I am also currently studying at cam-asean institute where I got a 100% scholarship to study Business English program. I have a family of five; my dad, mum, older brother, younger sister and I. My personality is cheerful and very easygoing. I love to cook and bake whenever I have free time. I enjoy playing with kid,I do not mind the company of elderly people and I get along very well with people my age because I am a people person. I like puppies but I feel different when it comes to cat, I find them rather scary in some ways. My favorite food is Pasta but I am definitely not a picky eater, I eat about anything except pineapple, which I am allergic too. I enjoy experiencing new things, visiting new places,eating new food and I am willing to share what I know and earn to others.

I am interested in the program because I want to learn about Japanese culture and the education there. I want to widen my horizons and witness the way of living in Japan and therefore, compare it to my own country; share it with my friends, family, and even my community so that they too, can see things from different perspectives. Additionally, I find this program very important for me as I can improve my language skill, communication skill as well as other skills I would need in the near future in order to do well in the developing society.

The word count is 266 words. Should I add anything more? Please let me know. Thank you!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Tevy Choun, and welcome to the forum. :)

Hello everyone here! I'm a secondary student in Cambodia. I'd like to ask you to help check my self-introduction essay. I'm writing it as part of my application [STRIKE]working on[/STRIKE] for home stay. Please [STRIKE]kindly[/STRIKE] respond to this as soon as possible. Thank you.

Write a short self introduction in English and explain why you are interested in the home stay program. (500 words max)

My name is Choun Pangatevy, and I am a 17 years old. I'm in the 11th grade at Preah Sisowath High School. I am also currently studying at Cam-Asean Institute, where I [STRIKE]got a 100%[/STRIKE] received a full scholarship to study in the Business English program. [STRIKE]I have a family of[/STRIKE] There are five people in my family: my dad, mum, older brother, younger sister and I. I would describe my personality [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] as being cheerful and very easygoing. I love to cook and bake whenever I have free time. I also enjoy playing with children. [STRIKE]kid,[/STRIKE] I do not mind the company of elderly people, and I get along very well with people my age because I am a people person. I like puppies, but I don't quite feel the same [STRIKE]different[/STRIKE] when it comes to cats which I find them rather scary in some ways. My favorite food is Pasta, but I am definitely not a picky eater. In fact, I'd eat about anything except pineapple, which I am allergic too. I enjoy experiencing new things, visiting new places, [STRIKE]eating[/STRIKE] trying new food, and I am willing to share what I know and learn [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with others.

I am interested in the program because I want to learn about Japanese culture and the education system in Japan. [STRIKE]there.[/STRIKE] I want to widen my horizons and [STRIKE]witness[/STRIKE] experience the way of living in Japan and therefore, compare it to my own country. I would, subsequently, share [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] my experience with my friends, family, and even my community so that they too can see things from different perspectives. Additionally, I find this program very important for me as I can improve my language skills [STRIKE], communication skill[/STRIKE] as well as other skills I would need in the near future in order to do well in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] when I get back to my home country. [STRIKE]developing society.[/STRIKE]

Thank you for considering my application, and I would be honoured to be given the opportunity to participate in this wonderful program.

Status
Not open for further replies.