Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
"Without carrying out" is a shorter way of saying "and that does not carry out any business activities." Right?

"A holding company is a corporation or cooperative with the principal purpose of managing its participations without carrying out any business activities."

Thanks!

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
Allow me to rephrase my question.

"A holding company is a corporation or a cooperative whose principal purpose consists in the continuous management of its holdings and that does not carry out any business activities."

Could one replace "and that does not carry out any business activities" with "without carrying out any business acitivities"? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Allow me to rephrase my question.

"A holding company is a corporation or a cooperative whose principal purpose consists in the continuous management of its holdings and that does not carry out any business activities."

Could one replace "and that does not carry out any business activities" with "without carrying out any business acitivities"? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
Yes, that's what it means.

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
Yes, that's what it means.

So one could replace "and that does not carry out any business activities" with "without carrying out any business acitivities"?

In other words, is this correct?

"A holding company is a corporation or a cooperative whose principal purpose consists in the continuous management of its holdings without carrying out any business acitivities."

Thanks once again.

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
So one could replace "and that does not carry out any business activities" with "without carrying out any business acitivities"?

In other words, is this correct?

"A holding company is a corporation or a cooperative whose principal purpose consists in the continuous management of its holdings without carrying out any business acitivities."

Thanks once again.
Yes, it's correct.
A mother is a woman who does all the housework and who doesn't get paid for it.
A mother is a woman who does all the housework without being paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.