Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello! I’m trying to translate Instagram post of my friend to English. Can you please take a look if it’s correct? I know that the main idea is understandable, but just want to check articles and sentence structure in general.

“Since the start of my third lockdown I was missing exhibitions and galleries so much, that I even started to analyze their Instagram accounts.

Would you be interested in my recommendations? Of course, based on the best cases.”

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome to the forum, Daiana_D. :hi:

Please note that I have changed your thread title.

Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

"Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello! I’m trying to translate a friend's Instagram post [STRIKE]of my friend[/STRIKE] into English. Can you please take a look to see if it’s correct? I know that the main idea is understandable, but I just want to check the articles and sentence structure in general.

“Since the start of my third lockdown, I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] have been missing exhibitions and galleries so much no comma here that I have even started to analyze their Instagram accounts.

Would you be interested in my recommendations? Of course, based on the best cases.”

[STRIKE]Thank you![/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. I'm not sure what the blue underlined part means.

Daiana_D

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. I'm not sure what the blue underlined part means.

It means, that it will be explained based on the most famous and efficient examples.

Thank you for the corrections!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you mean that you are going to recommend only those Instagram accounts that you consider to be the best?

I had another question about post #1 but I forgot to ask it. What did you mean by "analyze their Instagram accounts"? Do you just mean that you started following various museums and art galleries on Instagram, and looking at their posts? If so, that's not analysing them.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How about the third lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.