Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Denmark
Current Location
Denmark
Hi, there. I'm trying to write a script:

The officer steps in (from the hallway) and looks around the room, then suddenly snaps his head back/around toward the hall as if he heard something. Through an open doorway to another room, he sees... light outside. He runs out of the room...

Is 'snaps his head back toward the hall' correct and appropriate here if he turns his head around quickly and looks back toward the hall he just came from or should it be 'snaps his head around' or something else?

Hi, there. I'm trying to write a script:

The officer steps in (from the hallway) and looks around the room, then suddenly snaps his head back/around toward the hall as if he has heard something. Through an open doorway to another room, he sees ... light outside. He runs out of the room ...

Is 'snaps his head back toward the hall' correct and appropriate here if he turns his head around quickly and looks back toward the hall he just came from or should it be 'snaps his head around' or something else?
"Snaps his head" is OK but it omits the idea that he looks towards the hall too. I might use "snaps his gaze back towards the hall" or "snaps his head back to the right/left to look into the hall". He's not an owl so he won't be able to turn his head 180 degrees!
Why is there an ellipsis between "sees" and "light"?
Don't forget to put a space before an ellipsis.

Back