Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello,
I''m nowadays practicing how to write a letter for exam purposes, anyway, the task includes transforming a case note with bullet points into a letter. And sometimes it comes in sequence by date and It involves data comparison, for example, I will be comparing between the intensity of chest pain at day 1 to day 3. And all are in the past. So, to write it logically, I will start from the eldest event to the newer. That means I will be writing using the past simple in the first paragraph then the second which is earlier. Which tense I should use? In the 2nd paragraph I found myself automatically writing using past perfect while the incidence is the earlier by date but in the context sequences it seems logical to go - past simple- past perfect-. it seems logical that way. I tried using all past simple but grammatically i think its wrong since I'm comparing different dates. Also i cant use present tenses since the events in the notes are all past.

Thanks a lot,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Before we continue, can you explain what your thread title has to do with your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.