Talk about a sport that interests you but you have never tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I have chosen an IELTS practice speaking topic and written a paragraph about it. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Topic: Talk about a sport that interests you but you have never tried. You should say:

• Where it is usually played
  • What kinds of people usually play it
  • Why it interests you
And say if you think you will ever do this sport or not, and why

Answer:

I'm interested in horse riding but I've never tried it. Every time I watch people riding a horse, I would think if I can run that fast with my horse and looks like an ancient warrior. That's cool. In my city, most horse races are for gambling. If people just want to ride the horses for fun, it's hard to find a place like that. Because usually horse riding areas or fields for non-gambling purposes are in the suburbs. Apart from athletes, I guess people who can afford to do this activity are quite rich. Although I'm intrigued, I'm not like to do this activity in the future because it's too expensive, and horses actually may not like anybody to ride them. And lastly, I'm afraid to fall down from it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think you're talking about horse racing, not horse riding. The former is a competitive sport in which riders race around a track. That's the kind of thing some people gamble on. The latter is more of a hobby (unless you're a professional equestrian eventer).

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have chosen an IELTS practice speaking topic and written a paragraph about it. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Topic: Talk about a sport that interests you but you have never tried. You should say:

• Where it is usually played
  • What kinds of people usually play it
  • Why it interests you
And say if you think you will ever do this sport or not, and why

Answer:

I'm interested in horse riding but I've never tried it. Every time I watch people riding a horse, I would think that I could go that fast with my horse and look like an ancient warrior. That's cool. In my city, most horse races are for gambling. If people just want to ride the horses for fun, it's hard to find a place for that. Because usually horse riding areas or fields for non-gambling purposes are in the suburbs. Apart from athletes, I guess people who can afford to do that are quite rich. Although I'm intrigued, I'm not likely to do that in the future because it's too expensive, and horses actually may not like anybody to ride them. And lastly, I'm afraid I might fall off the horse.

I'm pretty sure they won't let you get on a horse that's not rideable. (As for falling off a horse, that's pretty easy to do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.