Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello.

I am taking about a change in my career. Does everything sound natural?

"Sometimes when things don't go as planned, we need to be patient and never give up. A lot of things depend on how I am going to cope/deal with them.

(Or a lot of things depend on how I am going to deal or cope with my job), and I must say it's a challenge."

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps:

Sometimes things don't go as planned, and we need to be persistent in the face of difficulties.

A lot of things depend on how I'm going to cope with them.

I don't know what you mean by that.

Perhaps:

Sometimes things don't go as planned, and we need to be persistent in the face of difficulties.

That's beautiful! But as a learner I need to know what exactly is wrong with my sentences.

That's beautiful! But as a learner I need to know what exactly is wrong with my sentences.

That can be hard to say. Also, there are more wrong ways than right ways. Wouldn't it be best to point out the right way to do something and not waste too much time on the wrong way?

That can be hard to say. Also, there are more wrong ways than right ways. Wouldn't it be best to point out the right way to do something and not waste too much time on the wrong way?

Yes, you are right.

Perhaps:

A lot of things depend on how I'm going to cope with them.

I don't know what you mean by that.
Whether I will keep working there or not, or find common ground with people, etc.

"Sometimes when things don't go as planned, we need to be patient and never give up." I was wondering if this sentence is grammatically correct.

"I must say it's a challenge." I wanted to add that by saying "I must say it's a challenge for me."

I noticed you didn't use "deal with". Is it because "cope with" is a better choice?

It's because you should make a choice. Don't put both out there and let the reader decide. (My opinion, obviously.)

In your original post you don't say anything about making a career change except maybe that you're thinking about it.

Whether I will keep working there or not, or find common ground with people, etc.

Apparently, you are not sure if you want to stay there.

"Sometimes when things don't go as planned, we need to be patient and never give up." I was wondering if this sentence is grammatically correct.

Sure it is. But sometimes grammar is irrelevant. Just as important is saying what you want to say.

What are you suggesting that people be patient about?

If your advice is to never give up then I say you have to know when to give up and when to keep plugging away at it.

What are you suggesting that people be patient about?

If your advice is to never give up then I say you have to know when to give up and when to keep plugging away at it.

In the words of the late, great Kenny Rogers, "You've got to know when to hold 'em; know when to fold 'em". (The Gambler)

I realize there can be personality conflicts regardless of where you work. Is that what you're talking about?

I realize there can be personality conflicts regardless of where you work. Is that what you're talking about?

Yes, it is.

Maybe you're not looking for a career change. Maybe what you're really looking for is a change of scenery (a different job).

Maybe you're not looking for a career change. Maybe what you're really looking for is a change of scenery (a different job).

It is not about me. I was wondering if in terms of grammar my sentences were right.

I have reread this thread from the beginning. Grammar is not necessarily the problem. In many places it is hard to understand the the writer's intent.

Assume for the moment that I am your target audience. I am a simple man. You need to write simply for me.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back