Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Would you please check these for any errors?

Sometimes students might need a motivation to spark their interests and to tap into their potentials for growth!

Sometimes students might need a motivation to spark their interests and have them tap into their potentials for growth!

Thank you.

"motivation" is uncountable so the indefinite article before it doesn't work. Although "interest" is countable, here it would be more natural in the uncountable singular. The same goes for "potential".

Sometimes students might need motivation to spark their interest and to tap into their potential for growth!

Sometimes students might need motivation to spark their interest and have them tap into their potential for growth!

1. Sometimes, students might need motivation to spark their interest and to tap into their potential for growth!

2. Sometimes students might need motivation to spark their interest and have them tap into their potential for growth! :cross:

"have them" in sentence 2 doesn't work. You need a comma after "Sometimes". You can remove "to" before "tap".

Thank you so much.

How about this one?

Sometimes students might need motivation to spark their interest and make them tap into their potential for growth!

Would you please check these for any errors?

Sometimes, students might need motivation to spark their interest and to tap into their potential for growth!

Sometimes, students might need motivation to spark their interest and help them tap into their potential for growth!

Thank you.
Yes to all of Ems' comments.

You probably also want to know whether "have them" is needed. Actually, I don't like it with or without "have them." Using "make them" would be even worse.

I'd say "help them."

Last edited:
You need a comma after "Sometimes".

Thank you so much.

How about this one?

Sometimes students might need motivation to spark their interest and make them tap into their potential for growth!

Given that you thanked me for the advice, why did you then fail to put a comma after "Sometimes" in your new sentence?

Given that you thanked me for the advice, why did you then fail to put a comma after "Sometimes" in your new sentence?
Sorry :-(

Bad habits hard to die!

Sorry. :-(

[STRIKE]Bad habits hard to die![/STRIKE] Old habits die hard.

See above for the saying you needed. Remember to end every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark. An emoticon is not a replacement for a full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back