English Teacher
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
Japan
Hello,

I have an interview soon to become an English teacher. It will be a teaching trial to kids about 7 years old.
But they want me to teach feelings and things like knock at the door, open the door, close the door. they gave me 2 pages from a book.
I have to teach these words but for 40 mins. I don't know how can I teach for 40 mins. I could do, greetings, phonics, words introduction, 1 or 2 game but I think that it will be done in less than that time.
So, I would need some advices in how to make the lesson last longer with only a few words to teach.

Thanks!

First, you need "advice", not "advices". It's uncountable in English.

How many children will you be teaching? I think you'll find that 40 minutes goes past amazingly fast. Have you got any experience at all of teaching? Do you have a sample lesson plan yet?

try role plays, ask children to knock open and close the door

Hello,

I have an interview soon to become an English teacher. It will be a teaching trial to kids about 7 years old.
But they want me to teach feelings and things like knock at the door, open the door, close the door. they gave me 2 pages from a book.
I have to teach these words but for 40 mins. I don't know how can I teach for 40 mins. I could do, greetings, phonics, words introduction, 1 or 2 game but I think that it will be done in less than that time.
So, I would need some advices in how to make the lesson last longer with only a few words to teach.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back