Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[FONT=&quot]Is the following right? For example, can I use "the" before "factor"? Is the use of "managers' support" without "the" right? Can I use "for non-illness purposes" before "when their family was ill" and before "because of a family member's death"?

Research Question 1 addressed the first theme: the factor that influences an employee’s decision to use sick-leave benefits for non-illness purposes. Subtheme 1-1 is as follows: Managers’ support. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The first thematic category shows the positive characteristics presented by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the participants [/FONT][FONT=&quot]with regard to managers’ support. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]12 participants said their managers supported their decision to use sick-leave benefits for non-illness purposes when their family was ill. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nine participants said their managers supported their decision to use sick-leave benefits for non-illness purposes because of a family member’s death.[/FONT]

Is there only one factor? Wouldn't the plural make more sense? I suppose that non-illness purposes might work, but I would use purposes not related to illness. I would not use the definite article before Managers' support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back