Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Hi teachers

I'm writing a book report on The Fellowship of the Ring. I want to try in an more interesting introduction, as below. Not sure if it would sound odd to you?

Memoir of Magic
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.” Round, smooth, gilded. Who could’ve guessed at the malice lurking beneath such an innocuous exterior? Written by literary genius J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring is the first in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. It chronicles Frodo Baggins’ heart-thumping quest to banish darkness from Middle Earth by destroying the pinnacle of evil—the One Ring.

Tolkien’s voice flows loud and glad through the arteries of Middle Earth, his charm very much like the bringing of spring—every sway of a gossamer thread captured in mesmerising detail. This flavorful blend of flutterby lashes and shadowed magma has captivated readers for decades, whisking readers along on an impossible quest to reclaim good from evil.

Never before have I seen good against evil on such an earth-breaking scale. It all begins in a drowsy village in the Shire, where a homely hobbit finds in his palm a curious golden object—the One Ring of Depravity, of Dominion, of Death. It was then that the fate of the whole of Middle Earth fell on his frail shoulders. Shadows were rising in the southeast sky; Sauron, the Dark Lord, was rising from the veiled shadows of Mordor, desiring dominion and desolation. Frodo must dispose of it in the fiery inferno—the Cracks of Doom—Or Middle Earth shall be reduced to a barren wasteland.

This novel is by no means a tiresome, muggy read—not with the specks of delight Tolkien scatters here and there. His writing flows like the purling of river-water, every phrase sparkling with literary value, painted with deep undertones many fantasy reads lack. Frodo and Company do not trudge through marshes in a sour, mundane fashion; instead, their adventure is masterfully leavened with feathery lightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.