Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
UK
Howdy y'all

Would you correct my mistakes?

The franchise as a whole has evolved and reshaped itself immensely since the initial title. It would be wrong not to pay remembrance to all the iconic moments, which kept players on the edge of their seats, and that have prominently distinguished the franchise from its competitors. No matter how acclimatized to the undead the audience has become after decades of horror media, there is always deeply unsettling about the very first encounter with shambling corpses in every installment. The unnerving ambience and the impending sense of being chased when venturing into the terrifying scenarios have been a staple of this masterpiece

PD: Do you know what series I've described?

Last edited:

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Howdy, cowboy. Yee-haw!

It's confused. The first paragraph presents the subject as a 'franchise' but the last sentence describes it a 'masterpiece', which implies you're talking about one specific instalment.

A franchise is a collection of, say, films or video games that are topically related.

The giveaway is that you mention 'players', which means you're describing a series of video games. My best guess is the Resident Evil series. Like I say, if you're talking about the whole franchise, don't describe it as a masterpiece.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
since the initial title

Has the title changed or was this the first version of the game?

NamelessKing

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
UK
Has the title changed or was this the first version of the game?

I'm referring to the first instalment. Should I use "release" instead of "title"?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The first edition might work.

Status