The fried rice has no characteristic from any region. Does the sentences make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott833

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
1) There are two kinds of fried rice in Malaysia. One kind has the southern characteristic which is saltier whereas another kind has northern characteristic which is sweeter. The fried rice that serve at the restaurant which i went just now, has no characteristic from any region.

2) There are two kinds of fried rice in Malaysia. One kind is the southern style and another kind is the northen style. The fried rice that the restaurant cook are not related to any of the style.

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1) There are two kinds of fried rice in Malaysia. One kind has the southern characteristic which is saltier whereas another kind has northern characteristic which is sweeter. The fried rice that serve at the restaurant which i went just now, has no characteristic from any region.

2) There are two kinds of fried rice in Malaysia. One kind is the southern style and another kind is the northen style. The fried rice that the restaurant cook are not related to any of the style.

Not a Teacher

1) There are two types of fried rice in Malaysia. the southern which is saltier and the northern characteristic which is sweeter. The fried rice that serve at the restaurant which i went just now, does not belong to any of them.

Hope it helps

JTRiff

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Canada
1) There are two kinds of fried rice in Malaysia. Southern rice is salty whereas northern rice is sweet. The fried rice that is served at the restaurant where I just ate, shares no characteristics with either.

You can't say 'either region' because rice cannot share anything with a region, only with other rice. It would have to be:... shares no characteristics with rice from either region.

2) There are two kinds of fried rice in Malaysia - southern style and northern style. The fried rice that the restaurant serves is not related to either.

not a teacher

scott833

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thanks for replying guys.

I was reffering to fried rice, not just specifically rice. I have reconstructed the sentence, does it sound better?

The fried rice that i ate at the restaurant share no style of characteristic with any the region in Malaysia wheter is South or North.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thanks for replying guys.

I was reffering to fried rice, not just specifically rice. I have reconstructed the sentence, does it sound better?

The fried rice that I ate at the restaurant shares no style of characteristic with any [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] region in Malaysia whether it is South or North.
"The restaurant cooks its rice in a style unrelated to either the northern or southern Malaysian style."

There are many ways you can say this, but try to make it grammatical.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I have reconstructed the sentence, does it sound better?

The fried rice that i ate at the restaurant share no style of characteristic with any the region in Malaysia wheter is South or North.

NO! That sounds terrible.

JTRiff and Raymott have given you excellent answers. There's no way you can improve on those.

Rover

JTRiff

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Canada
Ow.
The fried rice that I ate at the restaurant shared no characteristics with Southern or Northern Malaysian rice. They are salty and sweet, and the restaurant rice tasted like (fried poodle hair.:?::)

scott833

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thanks for the reply guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.