Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
Please help me with grammar and editing statements

The panel was waiting to hear of the case, in which the defendant was appearing via video link listed at 10:00 and 10:30. miss c was the host and I called and asked her to get linked to the defendant. She replied that she does not have the defendant's contact number and that Miss A only provided her with the link, also she told me that this is not her job to search for the defendant's contact number and the coordinator should be doing this. The panel was waiting for approximately 20 minutes but had no luck then I asked Miss B to host the case.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
*****The Case****"

Say:

The panel was waiting to hear the case.

Start another sentence.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

The defendant was scheduled to appear via video link.

Start another sentence.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

The panel waited for about 20 minutes, but the defendant didn't show up. (If that's what you mean.)

I'm afraid I don't understand most of it.

Stick with short, simple sentences.

What does it mean to host a case? If you were in charge, why didn't you do it?

bhatt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
Say:

The panel waited for about 20 minutes, but the defendant didn't show up. (If that's what you mean.)

I'm afraid I don't understand most of it.

Stick with short, simple sentences.

What does it mean to host a case? If you were in charge, why didn't you do it?
Thank you for your help. A host is a person who liaises parties to hear the case via video link

bhatt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
The panel waited for about 20 minutes, but the defendants did not join the video link

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your help. In this context, the host is a the person who liaises with various parties to hear enable the case to be heard via video link.
The panel waited for about 20 minutes, but the defendants did not join via the video link.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please help me with grammar and editing statements correct the following paragraph.

The panel was waiting to hear of the a case no comma here in which the defendant was appearing scheduled to appear via video link listed at 10:00 and 10:30. Miss C was the host. and I called her and asked her to get linked set up/open the link to the defendant. She replied said that she does did not have the defendant's contact number and that Miss A had only provided her with the link. also She also told me that this it is not her job to search for the defendant's contact number and the coordinator should be doing this. The panel was waiting waited for approximately 20 minutes but had no luck the link could not be established. then I then asked Miss B to take over as host. the case.
Please note my corrections above.

I don't understand the logic of this. Miss C said that Miss A had already provided her with the link. Why couldn't she open it? Do you mean that no one had given the defendant the appropriate link?

bhatt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
Please note my corrections above.

I don't understand the logic of this. Miss C said that Miss A had already provided her with the link. Why couldn't she open it? Do you mean that no one had given the defendant the appropriate link?
Thank you for your help. Miss c needs to contact the defendants by phone prior to joining the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.